Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Digital Storytelling

Blog Post:Discuss the benefits and challenges that you anticipate from integrating video into your classroom. How can you best leverage this content to provide your students with enhanced learning opportunities? Do you use existing sources for high quality, relevant materials for your curricular area? If so, list the top two and briefly critique each resource. How can you integrate these resources into your curriculum in a meaningful way for your students?

As a dance teacher I often integrate video into my classroom.  Weather it be watching a dance performance, instructional video, history, or a workout video.  Truthfully I only use videos when I have a sub or it is a shortened period.  This is due to the way the TV is set up in the dance studio which is not optimal for student viewing and makes it a challenge.  In the future if it could be moved there are so many wonderful instruction videos taught by famous dancers that the students could benefit from.  In a past lesson I talked about how great it would be to have a live feed from a dance instructor in another state or country teach a master class.  However, until my dance studio is set up to integrate these resources in a meaningful way my hands are tied.

No comments:

Post a Comment